This book is written for children in the 4th grade but it does contain information pertaining to 5th grade material too. It is so through that it can be used either as a supplement to your regular Language Arts curriculum or as a stand-alone complete curriculum. We used it as the latter during our review period.
The book covers a lot of material and you can get an in-depth look at the table of contents on the website, however, these are some of the topics covered:
- • Syllables
- • Word Parts (prefixes, suffixes, roots)
- • Word Relationships (synonyms, antonyms, anagrams, analogies, palindromes, etc)
- • Spelling
- • Editing (Editor In Chief pages)
- • Reference Materials (dictionary, online dictionary, thesaurus, online encyclopedia, searching the Internet, nonfiction)
- • Parts of Speech
- • Sentences
- • Punctuation
- • Using Words Correctly (homophones, misused words, homographs)
- • Reading and Writing (context clues, similes, metaphors, idioms, proverbs, comprehension, drama, poems, etc.)
- • Writing (process, personal narrative, opinions, informative, and Writing Detective pages)
Working through the book is quite simple. You can start from the first page and go that route or you can choose to skip around topics as we did. Normally Montana completed 2 pages a day, Monday through Friday, but I skipped around in each section to keep the material fresh. The worksheets instructions are explained thoroughly and always include an example of what is being asked to be completed. For the teacher, the answers are included in the back of the book. I especially enjoy the fact that I can use this as a supplement, especially since we are fast approaching our gymnastics travel season. I know that instead of lugging around our current language arts curricula I can turn to Language Smarts™ Level E and know that Montana is getting quality instruction and material to practice on her level. For that I give this product two thumbs up!
Be sure to check out what my CrewMates thought of this product and the other items being reviewed by clicking the banner below to read their thoughts.
Company ~ The Critical Thinking Co.™
Product ~ Language Smarts™ Level E
Price ~ $42.99 physical book or eBook
Ages ~ 4th grade, suitable for 5th grade too
Social Media Links:
#hsreviews #criticalthinking #languagearts
©2008 - 2016 A Stable Beginning. All rights reserved. All photographs, text, artwork, and other content may not be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author.